Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Gift to God?

Psalm 116:12 NIV - "What shall I return to the LORD for all his goodness to me?"

I recently prayed that God would be blessed by my service to him as I gave him my day. God promptly showed me this verse to remind me that everything is his to start with. 
Psalm 50:10 NIV - "for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills." 
God showed me how I am his completely, my time, my talents, and my possessions all belong to him. How gracious is God that he allows us to return his belongings to him.

It reminds me of my toddlers class at church trying to feed me the snacks that I had just given them. I graciously obliged and took the slobbery snack with a sincere "Thank you". I can just see God doing the same for me when I offer him back what he as given me, a little tattered,  not in the perfect condition he gave it to me in, but he receives it graciously. God has told me and you in scripture what he wants from us -
Matthew 22:37 NIV - "Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Changing Seasons

Changing Seasons It has been my privilege to serve with Joy El these past 2 years.  I’ve been humbled by the encouragement, pra...