Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Praising in the storm!

Off in the distance, I watched as the dark clouds made their way towards our position. The wind picked up some litter and chased it through the parking lot towards our bus that had a broken radiator hose. Justin was on the ground under the bus working feverishly to make the repair before the storm arrived. I was going to drive the bus back to camp once the repairs were made but while I waited and handed a few tools to Justin; I prayed for God to slow the storm or make it go around us, or help Justin get the repair completed before getting drenched by the storm. I could see the storm bearing down on Wendy’s parking lot that had become our resting spot. The repair was completed as the first few drops of rain began to fall.

Praising the goodness of God and His perfect timing I prepared to pull out with Justin following behind the bus as we would be making our way home because I did not have my cell phone. You see the night before Myra’s mother needed her to come to York quickly so after sharing our testimony at Zion Covenant Church in Chambersburg, PA, we packed her car in a hurry. I forgot to get my cell phone out of the console of her car. As Myra speed out of sight I realized my mistake so I did not have my phone with me to communicate with Justin if I got into trouble with the bus. He followed as I took Route 29 to Route 70 out of Baltimore area and headed towards Camp. The rain pelted the windshield and the wipers slapped the rain away so I could see…barely. After a few miles on Route 70, Justin came up along the side of the bus blowing the van’s horn and motioning frantically for me to pull over. Which I did…remembering the training from preparing for my CDL just a few months earlier. Justin hopped out of the van and made a dash for the bus. Once he arrived he told me that the bus was blowing white smoke. This is a sign that there is water getting into the engine and mixing with the fuel as it burns. He instructed me to get off at the next exit and we would find a place to park it so the bus could be towed back.

Have you ever had a day when things went wrong? When things were a little more complicated than you had hoped? God uses all things together for good according to the Bible and he did that for us and the bus. What I did not know at the time was if Justin had not followed me, I couldn’t have seen the white smoke in the rain. I would have kept on driving, resulting in further damaging the engine without knowing it.  The inconvenience of forgot the cell phone was part of God’s plan. The storm and the broken bus, the extra time stuck in traffic all worked together for good…I had time and a reason to pray. Think about it is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire? God wants us to run to Him in prayer. He wants us to take refuge in him.

Nahum 1:7 “The Lord is a stronghold in a day of distress; He cares for those who take refuge in Him”


Please join me in asking God to send 20 monthly donors willing to partner with me in ministry for $50 each month. My position is underfunded but I know that God will provide the needed funding. Are you one of the 20 donors that I am praying for? Please follow the link below and scroll down to my name to donate. Click Here to Donate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Changing Seasons

Changing Seasons It has been my privilege to serve with Joy El these past 2 years.  I’ve been humbled by the encouragement, pra...