Wednesday, July 19, 2017

My Dad's in a Pickle!

On a recent Joy El Day Camp bus ride I met a lovely second grader who explained to me that she was coming to camp for the first time ever. She had many questions...how big is the pool? Is the zip-line fast? How high is it? What will we have for lunch? What if I get lost? Our friendship developed as I answered each of her questions. She pointed out a stream and told me that was where her pop-paw took her fishing...but they put the fish back. She opened up and confided in me that she got to come to camp because "My Dad got himself in a bit of a pickle." I later learned that this precious second grader was part of the Angel Tree Network. Joy El hosts children who had a parent in prison, for a week of camp through out the summer. While her Dad was "in a pickle" she was staying with her grandparents who signed her up to come to camp. Joy El offers this to Angel Tree children at greatly reduced cost because of the campership fund.

That afternoon on the bus ride home she told me that she had a great time at camp and learned about a young guy that God helped hit a giant in the head with a stone...and when the giant fell down, the guy cut off the giant's head. I asked her if she went to church and heard that story before. She told me "No, I went to church once but they didn't let me go on stage and sing with the other kids because I was new." She excitedly proclaimed that she had sung on stage at camp and even learned the dance for the song.

I am so blessed to be part of an organization that allows children to encounter God on a personal level. I praise God for giving us the opportunity to present the gospel with them. As I prayed for her through the week I watched her move from UnRooted to Rooted in Christ. Join me in praising the Lord for another child that began a relationship with Jesus last week.
If you know a child that needs to experience the Gospel now it the time to register them for camp. Visit www.joyelcamps.org for more details or call 717-369-4539 and ask about the special for first-time campers.

Please join me in asking God to send 20 monthly donors willing to partner with me in ministry for $25 each month. My position is underfunded but I know that God will provide the needed funding. Are you one of the 20 donors that I am praying for?

To contribute any amount please Click Here to Donate. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Changing Seasons

Changing Seasons It has been my privilege to serve with Joy El these past 2 years.  I’ve been humbled by the encouragement, pra...