Friday, June 9, 2017

Celebrations of God!

Myra and I recently celebrated annual sobriety milestones, I received my 5 year coin and Myra her 4 year coin last Thursday evening at the Celebrate Recovery in Greencastle. Each of these milestone markers gives us an opportunity to praise God for how he has changed us as we submit to His promptings. 
As Myra and I grow deeper into our relationships with God we are encouraging others to do the same. We continue to workout the details of walking in faith and trusting God for everything. I know that when God says “every need” he means it. It is easy to focus on the physical things He provides, but today I was struck by the thought that He provides every breath we take.
Last night we celebrated the “Home Going” of my friend Karl during his memorial service. He was a man that loved the Lord so we know he is rejoicing with his savior, but we also are saddened that we are separated for a little while. Once again we are confronted with the urgency of our calling to share the gospel and make disciples.
I praise God for having the chance to make a difference in the lives of others through the ministry of Joy El Camps & Retreats and Joy El Generations. Because of faithful sponsors and their donations we rejoiced in 303 children that began relationships with Christ so far this year and the anticipated 1800 campers that will come to experience life change through personal encounter with God over the next several weeks.
Please "pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should." Col. 4:3-4 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Changing Seasons

Changing Seasons It has been my privilege to serve with Joy El these past 2 years.  I’ve been humbled by the encouragement, pra...