Thursday, April 6, 2017

Complaint Department


Complaint Department 

I had a great object lesson that I used last night with the elementary students. We had played a questions game and at the end the winning team of children were given their choice of snack bags. After the winning team members choose their favorites but before they open the snack. I told them that they were to give them to the members of the losing team. The losing team members started complaining that they did not like the snacks the other children had picked.

I then said to the children “Why are you complaining? They picked out their favorite snacks and are giving them to you even though they were the winners.” As they continued to complain I said “Isn’t that how we are with God?” “He picks out something that is His best for us and we complain about it”. The room became quiet as the Holy Spirit impacted them with the truth of how we treat God’s gifts that He gives us.

Heb 13:5 NKJV Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Changing Seasons

Changing Seasons It has been my privilege to serve with Joy El these past 2 years.  I’ve been humbled by the encouragement, pra...